Wednesday 9 February 2011

First Post

Hi everyone. I'm Nick and I've been wanting to create a blog for years, so, here it is.

I've always been a paranormal agnostic. I don't want to just put faith in stuff like ghosts etc. without ever actually having seen anything to prove it, but I also don't want to be a skeptic who just outright dismisses everything he sees as fake. So I decided to finally create a blog and to use it as a journal of sorts to chronicle my explorations into the paranormal. This will be an unbiased look into all things paranormal. Anything that happens to me will be documented in these posts. There will be no exaggerations and anything I do find will be looked at in both paranormal and scientific ways.

Before I begin describing how I will go about my investigations I will first tell you a little about myself. I'm 24 and have very recently turned single again (so I have free time to do this stuff now). I work in a supermarket as I can't find a new job since finishing university and find it to be a highly boring job. I live in the UK, North Wales to be more precise. That's all you basically need to know about me. I'm sure that during the rest of my posts you will learn more about me but for now that's it.

So how am I going to go about these investigations?

Firsty when I decide to investigate something I will do as much research as I possibly can. I will scour the net and library for relevant sources and will relay the info back to my readers through these posts.

After that I will look into methods of investigating the phenomena and details of any local places which are of intrest.

Then I will go to these places and do whatevers necesary to investigate it all. I intend to buy a HD camera to record these investigations (most paranormal phenomena are recorded in black and white and are all fuzzy so they instantly look fake) and will be creating a youtube account to post videos of my explorations. It may take me a while to buy one at my rate of pay but I will keep you posted on that.

After investigating an area I will review any evidence I found. And willl investigate more similar areas.

My first research topic will obviously be ghosts. They are possibly the oldest documented of all things paranormal and are a good starting point for me. Other things I will look into are, in no particular order:
UFO's
Demons
Local Legends (most counties have their own legends of some creature or being)
Magic
Psychic phenomena

Anything that I have missed out I will probably learn about during my research. But if anyone who reads this thinks of anything I missed out feel free to let me know.

4 comments:

  1. in my opinion, most paranormal activitys before and after sleep/in the bedroom can be explained by hypnagogic effects/hallucinations: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypnagogia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet sounds like a experience you will remember for the rest of you life. I love paranormal stuff.
    My cousins house says to be hunted & i believe them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to hear whispering in my ear when I slept downstairs, it was fucking creepy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Make a tv show, theres like 50 on tv right now so just be interesting and you could maybe have a show haha

    ReplyDelete